Live Chat with Martha Wade Steketee
Martha Wade Steketee is a dramaturg, critic, researcher, and theater adjudicator (Chicago’s Joseph Jefferson Awards 2008-2009, and current chair of New York’s Drama Desk nominating committee). She works with playwrights, reviews scripts for programs and competitions, serves as chair of the American Theatre Critics Association Executive Committee. She was a founding editor of Chance Magazine (“looking at the world through the lens of theater and design”) and serves on two design award committees (Henry Hewes and the new regional ATCA Glenn Loney). Critical and feature writing appears in a range of publications including her own site UrbanExcavations.com. Steketee lives in New York City with an indulgent husband and too many books.
Hear what Martha has to say to RDU on Stage about the current state of arts journalism amidst this pandemic, the Drama Desk Awards, and more.
- Act I | Moss Hart
- William Goldman | The Season
- Elaine Stritch Biography | Still Here
- Stages | A Theater Memoir
- Something Wonderful Right Away
- Something’s Coming, Something Good: West Side Story and the American Imagination
- Rise Up!: Broadway and American Society from ‘Angels in America’ to ‘Hamilton’